How Do We Stay Accountable?
December 17, 2017 Speaker: Jason Whitley Series: The Commitments and Distinctives of Our Local Church
Passage: Matthew 18:10–18:35
Our Great Shepherd calls each of us to reach out to straying christians in our church so that they might repent and be restored to Christ and to His church both for their good and the Glory of God.
This sermon addresses the following questions:
- How do you give the gift of good Spirit-filled correction?
- How do we keep each other working in the Faith?
- How does church discipline/restoration work?
Four Aspects of Staying Accountable
- Rejoice with the Repentant (Matthew 18:10-14)
- Recognize the Possibility of Perishing (Matthew 18:12-14)
- Regularly Practice Restoration (Matthew 18:15-20)
- Ready Yourself to Forgive (Matthew 18:21-35)