What is Our Mission for the World?
December 31, 2017 Speaker: Jason Whitley Series: The Commitments and Distinctives of Our Local Church
At the start of the New Testament, much of Christ’s parting words to His disciples leading up to His Ascension were instructions regarding their mission to the world. This involves evangelism and discipleship.
Evangelism does not mean conforming people to our moralistic standards or changing their start of living. It means to persuade people to be reconciled to God.
This sermons aims to shed light on biblical evangelism with the following clarifying points:
TEN FEATURES OF BIBLICAL EVANGELISM
- Gospel-right Evangelism (1 Corinthians 15:3)
- Scripture-spoken Evangelism (1 Corinthians 15:3,4)
- Obedience-based Evangelism (Matthew 28:20)
- Love-motivated Evangelism
- Relationship-focused Evangelism (1 Thessalonians 2:8; Matthew 28:19,20)
- Global-oriented Evangelism
- Prayer-saturated Evangelism
- Response-urging Evangelism (2 Corinthians 5:9-11)
- Gospel-confident Evangelism (Romans 1:16)
- Grace-fueled Evangelism (1 Thessalonians 1:8)