A Restored Worshipper
November 25, 2018 Speaker: Jason Whitley
Passage: Psalm 30:1–30:12
Are you someone who is thankful? Are you thankful all the time? Do you find it hard to be thankful?
It is the nature of our culture to be thankful at this time of the year. Perhaps you find many reasons to be thankful; or perhaps you struggle to find many reasons to be thankful.
God is good, and He is able to make good out of the evil in our lives, and that is something for which we should always be thankful.
Three Points from David’s Song of Thanks
- David’s Invitation. (Psalm 30:1-5)
David calls us to praise God.
- David’s Flashback. (Psalms 30:6-10)
David recounts the reason for God’s discipline on him.
- David’s Restoration. (Psalms 30:11,12)
Three Lessons and Practical Applications from Proverbs 30
- Watch out during times of prosperity. Don’t forget God! During the good times, don’t forget your good God. (Proverbs 30:8)
- Keep perspective during God’s anger. Never forget: God loved us so much that He gave His own Son. In fact, His anger is proof of His love. If God punishes you, then He loves you.
- Put away self-sufficiency with God-dependent prayer.
- See your restoration for the purpose of worship.